609-654-8898 from the main menu hit 1, ext. 20
Responsible for registering all births, civil unions, domestic partnerships, marriages and deaths in the Borough of Medford Lakes.
The following information is pertains to Vital Statistics:
• Certified copies of births, civil unions, domestic partnerships, marriages, and deaths
• Applications for civil unions and marriages
• Filing of domestic partnerships
• Modifications of all vital records
There are two ways to obtain certified copies:
Our fees are as follows:
- First copy: $10.00
- Any additional copies of the same record ordered on the same day is $2.00 each.
In person, our address is 1 Cabin Circle, Medford Lakes, New Jersey. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, money order, certified check.
*Identity must be established by the couple through a valid driver license, valid passport or valid State or Federal ID
By mail: The mailing address is: Registrar, Borough of Medford Lakes, 1 Cabin Circle, Medford Lakes, NJ 08055. Acceptable methods of payment are money order or certified checks made out to the Borough of Medford Lakes. Photo copies of ID must be submitted along with request.
Eligible individuals who can obtain certified copies of vital records.
The individual of legal age, the parents of, a brother or sister of legal age (with proof of their relationship i.e. certified copy of birth certificate showing parents names), the spouse/partner (with proof of civil union, domestic partnership or marriage certificate), the child of legal age (with proof of their relationship i.e. certified copy of birth certificate showing parents names), the grandchild of legal age (with proof of their relationship i.e. certified copies of birth certificate showing parents and grandparents names), the legal guardian/representative with proper court documents within a 2 year period).
• A valid photo drivers license showing your CURRENT address and signature;
• If a valid photo drivers license is not available, two of the following are necessary:
• A non-photo drivers license
• County ID
• Vehicle registration and/or insurance card
• Copy of utility bill, bank statement
• Proof of signature is required
When filling out request form, the information provided must be exact and complete as it appears on the original record. Please provide a phone number where you can be reached should a problem arise.
If you wish to apply for a civil union/marriage license the following is needed:
To apply in person:
• Application can be made where either party resides with proof
• Both parties may be present; if applying separately, the same witness must be present
• 18 years of age
• Provide social security numbers (which will be kept confidential)
• Witness 18 years of age or older
• Fee of $28.00
Suggested additional items :
• Birth certificate
• If you were in a former union, and it was legally dissolved, final decrees
• If by death, certified copy of death certificate
You may also complete the applications on the State of New Jersey’s website at www.state.nj.us/health. You must follow the instructions on this site. There is a three day waiting period before the license can be issued. If a time waiver is necessary, it must be granted by a Superior Court Judge.
To complete a Domestic Partnership:
• Each partner must sign in front of a notary an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership (Affidavits are available from any local registrars office)
• Partners must be 62 years of age, same or opposite sex
• Share a common residence or member of NJ State Retirement System
• Jointly responsible for each others common welfare
• Not in any other commitment recognized by NJ Law
• Notarized Affidavit must be taken to any local registrars office to be filed and purchase a certificate of Domestic Partnership
• Fee of $28.00
ANY AND ALL ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE.