If you wish to apply for a civil union/marriage license the following is needed:
Apply in Person
To apply in person:
- Application can be made where either party resides with proof
- Both parties may be present; if applying separately, the same witness must be present
- 18 years of age
- Provide social security numbers (which will be kept confidential)
- Witness 18 years of age or older
- Fee of $28
Print out the application HERE
Suggested additional items:
- Birth certificate
- If you were in a former union, and it was legally dissolved, final decrees
- If by death, certified copy of death certificate
You may also complete the applications on the State of New Jersey’s website. You must follow the instructions on this site. There is a three day waiting period before the license can be issued. If a time waiver is necessary, it must be granted by a Superior Court Judge.
Any and all additional information please call our office.